Friday, October 7, 2011

The Ice Cream Underground

Image here.

I think I'm in Heaven.  Okay, check it out.  Sweet Ape.  What is it?  Well, according to their Facebook page:

Sweet Ape /swēt āp/ noun 1. An underground ice cream parlour 2. A loosely associated group of artists, writers, amateur bakers, aspiring economists, and the odd florist. 3. An ongoing project that seeks to create a single working definition of food justice while remedying the gap between food advocates and the general public. 4. An education.


I've been to underground foodie events before, but never an underground ice cream parlour.  This is right up my alley!  These  super-secret, invite-only parlour events take place when the moon is out, at an undisclosed location (well, undisclosed to all but the invitees, of course), and for a minimal entry fee you get to enjoy music, art, drinks and, of course, ice cream!!!   Rumor has it that the flavors have been known to include Thai tea, rose cava granita, clotted cream with Turkish granola, and bourbon cornflake (organic and vegan selections are usually part of the menu).  


Sorry Kichaas, their next Gilded Lily event (burlesque and ice cream -- sounds naughty all around, and definitely not for plain vanilla lovers) on October 15 is completely full.  But you can still sign up for email notices of future events.  I'm bummed I didn't get in to this one but I'm still drooling and licking my chops for next time!!  




I scream, you scream, we all scream for Sweet Ape ice cream!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment