Saturday, November 12, 2011

Before I get back to my usual blogging . . .





. . . I thought I would share some more moments from my recent trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar.   This blog space is just my take on style, living and the pursuit of happiness.  Well, this trip goes primarily in the living and pursuit of happiness categories, although I think you'll agree that the style was amazing, too.  It was incredible.  Sometimes you have go out of your usual comfort zone to get a fresh take on . . . well, everything.  


It was all put together by a darling Kichaa who owns a tour company that takes adventurers (like you and me) up Kilimanjaro and out on safari (if you have the itch to go on a VERY COOL and unique adventure, click here or email me for contact info).  My only request:   I wanted an authentic, African experience (oh yea, and on budget too, please).  Boy, did Kichaa deliver!!



I stayed in out-of-the-way villages, shopped in outdoor markets, ate with my fingers, traveled with locals, met some of the most lovely people imaginable, and saw the beauty of old Zanzibar.  See for  yourself.   I hope you enjoy the photo journey as much as I enjoyed the real thing.  

Here's to living large and always pursuing happiness!

XOXO Kichaas!

 Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends. 
Maya Angelou 























No comments:

Post a Comment