Monday, February 20, 2012

View From the Top One Year Later


Not only did this weekend mark my Grandma's birthday, it also marked the 1 year anniversary of my trip up Mt. Kilimanjaro.  In fact, I reached the summit on Grandma's birthday last year.  It got me thinking about all that has happened in the year since.  Apart from my digestive system never being the same again (I must have picked up some strange bug that's still lingering in my innards), the year has been a little less adventuresome and has been more about settling in.  Finding my place, following my heart.  Just getting comfortable with old surroundings and a new situation.  Some of my fellow climbers have had a few more changes since we reached Uhuru together; we all still keep in touch but are spread out all over the world.  Marriage, babies and illness have marked the past year for some of them.

I did make a New Year's resolution to climb another mountain in 2012.  I have another trip planned for November and I'll tell you all about it as it gets closer.

Check out my Kili and Africa posts here, here, here, and here.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible journey!! And I do love that you did it on your grandmother's birthday. I think I'm going to do something to celebrate my grandmother's birthday this year, something that she would have been proud to see me do. Thank you for the inspiration, my dear!

    ReplyDelete