Monday, August 1, 2011

California Dreamin'!

I'll be visiting Granny (who's 99!!) and the whole clan in August in sunny SoCal.   I'd like to bring a little Midwest style with me to WOW the folks back home who think Chicagoans only know to dress brats and burgers!  Abigail Glaum-Lathbury is one of my favorite local Chicago  designers.  The Tesla dress hangs in my own closet.  With some awesome booties or chic mules, the look is way off the farm!  And I just found Hound Design with its colorful, breezy, kind of retro pieces.  Any other suggestions?  Photos Chicago Fashion ResourceBrian Guido + Julia Stotz .
To prepare for the trip, I checked out the original art of  Clare Elsaesser.  This Bodega Bay, California artist really speaks to me.  I love her colors and the sense she gives of catching the subject in a personal, ordinary moment.  Beautiful.

I plan to swing by the tasting studio of Artiste in Los Olivos where they blend art and wine to come up with memorable modern and impressionist blends.  Artwork by Rose Masterpol.

See you at the beach my beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment