Monday, December 12, 2011

A Little Weekend Sparkle


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your weekend was lovely!  I spent a little time this weekend putting some of that holiday sparkle around the house.  I used to be a decorating maniac.  I was one of those girls who collected enough ornaments to pack on two trees.  In true Type A form, I usually stressed everyone out (including myself) as I directed (make that demanded) the perfect placement of each and every one.  This year, for many reasons, I'm taking a step back -- no, make that a couple -- no, make that dozens of steps back.  No tree.  No lights.  No overdoing it.  No reserving an entire weekend to decorating and then feeling like I'm behind on everything else and definitely NOT in the holiday spirit.

So, after one trip to Whole Foods Market, and about 20 minutes rummaging through the basement, here's what I came up with.  Flowers, greenery, paperwhites, a little sparkle, and Santa.  I've collected Santa figures since I was little.  The pudgy guy below was my very first, received from my uncle for my first Christmas.


Here's some more of the flower power -- LOVE the smell the paperwhites!




And for my tree this year, I'm just using an old bottle dryer that I already had out on display.  No ornaments.  Those are handmade gift tags that I just couldn't give away (is that horrible?) and spools of yarn.


And here's the sparkle, in a couple of bowls on the coffee table, on the mantle and hanging from a door.  




That's it.  It was all up and done in less than two hours, leaving time for a hot toddy, a hot bath (with one of those candy cane fizzy bath bombs I picked up at Whole Foods while I was there) and Christmas in Connecticut

So I'm feeling pretty good for a Monday, Kichaas!  How did you spend your weekend?  I'd love to know!

XOXO





1 comment:

  1. I think it all looks beautiful. I have a Christmas tree and ornaments stored away at my parents' home, but I didn't bring them down to my new apartment with me. Thank you for the reminder that there are simple things I can do to dress up my new home for the holiday without hauling more boxes down here.

    ReplyDelete