Monday, December 5, 2011

Rent the Runway




Happy Monday Kichaas!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was lots of fun, despite the fact that it was cold and rainy.  I tend to go into "nesting" mode on cold, rainy weekends.  I like to curl up by the fire, hang out in comfy clothes, enjoy a bubble bath, a book and a nice glass of wine.  I really have to push myself to go out.   I made an exception to my solitary weekend routine Saturday night when my friends invited me to attend an event for Metropolitan Family Services, a great Chicago charity that supports families in times of need.  Here's the fun part-- it was a black tie dinner and auction held at the beautiful Ritz Carlton Hotel.  How could I say no?! 

Well, my closet is a little low on formal attire these days.  So I tried something new.  I rented everything.  Dress, handbag and jewelry.  All from Rent the Runway.  I have to admit it, I had some concerns.  But it turned out great!  I received everything on Friday and stuck it all back in the U.S. mail this morning.  I received two dresses in two different styles, just in case.  Both came in my size and a back-up size, also just in case (no additional charge for that, by the way).  So, what do you think?



I chose a sparkly David Meister dress (left) and a frilly Robert Rodriguez strapless number.  I ended up wearing the David Meister dress.  It was clingy, sparkly, and had a fabulous drape to it that provided the right amount of hip and belly cover-up .


These dangling art nouveau earrings were all the bling I needed.


The handbag was frilly but understated and just perfect.


And these strappy heels are mine.


So here's the finished product.  I think it turned out okay.  What do you think?  I received quite a few compliments on the dress.  Would you rent the runway?  I highly recommend it.  In fact, I'm going to do it again for New Year's. 

Enjoy the week ahead!

XOXO



1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! I hadn't considered doing something like this before, but it really is the perfect way to get through all those holiday parties without wearing the same dress over and over. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete