Thursday, January 5, 2012

And the Oscar Goes To: The Nib and Quill!


As I lawyer, I spend the better part of my days with a legal pad in my hand jotting down arguments, picking apart opponents' briefs, noting case citations and, let's face it -- doodling.   That got me thinking, am I even capable of putting nice, pretty things down on paper?   Instead of arguments, poems.  Instead of case citations, words of gratitude?  To do that, I think I'm going to need nice, pretty paper to inspire me.  Those legal pads are functional but not very inspiring (unless you are a Supreme Court justice, maybe).  So I went on a quest and look what I found.


Isn't it gorgeous?  This beautiful, handmade Coptic journal is the artwork of Kristi Baker at The Nib and Quill.  She actually sews the lovely pages together with waxed linen and places a small envelope on the inside of the front cover to hide a special message.


And I'm not the only one to fall in love with The Nib and Quill.  These beautiful books are about to take a trip down the red carpet.  Kristi was selected to have her journals featured at the GBK Celebrity Gift Lounge for the 2012 Academy Awards!!  Ginnifer Goodwin will be receiving one of Kristi's journals in her Celebrity gift bag courtesy of the Artisan Group.  How terrific is that?!  Now I really am inspired.

Good luck Kristi (visit her blog here and her Etsy shop here)!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love Kristi's journals. They're stunning and so much more fun than a legal pad.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete