Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Good morning and happy 2012!  We made it!!  Maybe for some of you it was a bumpy ride last night.  So if you are nursing a hangover this morning, get the coffee pot brewing and check out a tried and true hangover cure here.

Just in time for some New Year resolutions.  Since 2011 was such a BIG, AWESOME year for me, I'm going to keep this year's resolutions small, do-able, and valuable (to me at least).   So . . . this year I resolve to . . .

Throw more dinner parties
Have flowers in my office every week
Make (and stick to) a budget
Be generous
Climb one mountain and a couple of buildings.

For those of you starting the year in the giving spirit, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my two pet charities for 2012.  Friends of the Chicago River is a wonderful organization dedicated to advocating for a cleaner Chicago River.  If any of my darling Kichaas are local Chicagoans, check it out and give it some support.  The Kilimanjaro Guide Scholarship Foundation is another great charity.  It provides scholarship opportunities for the guides and porters that climb Kilimanjaro for a living.  Most of these hard-working men and women have limited education and job opportunities.  You literally can change some one's life by giving something small, like your monthly Starbucks' budget -- instead of drinking it!

I hope all of you have a lovely New Year's Day filled with friends, family, peace and hope.

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment