Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Scent

I'm one of those girls who likes to wear perfume on a daily basis.  I feel naked when I walk out the door without it.  One of the things I do at the beginning of each year is go through all the perfume bottles on my dresser and decide what to keep and what to toss.  What's going to say (or smell) "me" in the New Year?

There are two scents that never get tossed.  Both are by CB I Hate Perfume.  I discovered them while wandering around Portland, Maine, on vacation one year.  He may hate perfume, but I absolutely LOVE this perfumer.  He is passionate about scent, how it's made and what experiences it evokes.   I own two of his fragrances:  In the Summer Kitchen ("fresh summer vegetables and herbs on a clear summer evening with a touch of smoked old wooden rafters") and Gathering Apples ("thousands of ripe red Mackintosh apples and a bit of old weathered wood from the bushel baskets").  This year, I'm feeling a little older, a little wiser, so maybe I'll add In the Library to my collection ("a blend of English novel, Russian and Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish").  All are made without alcohol.

So what could say (or smell) "you" in the New Year?  Walking in the Air?  To See a Flower?  You should definitely check these out.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment