Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Staring at the Mess I Made


In my hurry to throw out the old and buy some new gadgets, I found myself lost in a tangle of wires and cords this weekend.  I could not distinguish optical cords from video cords, or inputs from outputs and outputs from inputs .  .  . you get the idea.  The result?  Silence.  Complete silence.  A weekend with no TV, no cable, no DVD and -- oops, now FM radio isn't coming in either.  

That leaves my Kindle.  A weekend with nothing to do but read actually sounded perfect. So I tried to leave my frustrations behind and enjoy it.   I read a lovely book for Book Club next week.  However, I just found out it was the wrong book (I read The Bridge.  I was supposed to read The Great Bridge.  There's about a 500 page difference).  Uggh!  Does this ever happen to anyone else??

So my game plan this week is to enjoy some old-fashioned, low-tech entertainment:  have dinner with friends, see the opera, meet someone new, go to the gym, read the right book for Book Club . . . oh, and call the Geek Squad.

What did you do this weekend Kichaas??  I'd love to hear about it!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't see your comment link! it was hidden in the grey box. just a suggestion to change the color maybe? but yes, that was me with the cords!! haha

    ReplyDelete